Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Follow me as I go through the up's and down's of being a stay at home mom and a Roughneck's wife. Being a Roughneck's wife while trying to raise two kids is sometimes difficult as I have to play both mom and dad half of the time, take care of the farm, and also run all the behind the scene stuff that goes into running a smooth running home, but one thing is for sure I wouldn't change anything !

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Spoke to soon !!!

     When I was pregnant with my daughter Autumn, I had horrible balance almost from the beginning of my pregnancy. When I was pregnant we lived in a 2nd story apartment that had over 20 stairs to get to it. One night I went to take the dog out to go potty ( Joel was working and was 4 hours away so it was just me and wyatt) I made it almost all the way down the stairs carrying wyatt when I tripped and fell down about 8 stairs. I landed on my back at the bottom. Thankfully I was able to keep Wyatt from falling onto the pavement.  I tried to stand up but realized that I had either severally sprained my ankle or it was broken. I crawled up the stairs and called my mom to come take me to the hospital. Thankfully my baby was ok, but I ended up on crutches for about 12 weeks !
       Just the other day I was saying how proud I was for still having my balance. Guess I spoke to soon !! Today on my way out the door to check the mail I ended up tripping on a rock, twisting my ankle (thank god it was my good ankle) then falling on my butt straight onto a rock. Thankfully not a very far fall but ended up with a sprained ankle, a big ol' bruise on my butt and back !! So far baby is ok and I can still fell him or her (her according to daddy, he according to me hahaha) wiggling around in there.
      I forgot everything our bodies go threw during pregnancy even though it has only been 2.5 years since I was last pregnant . Every woman's body handles each differently, Some having extreme morning sickness other who dont. Some get braxton and hicks contracts some don't.  Our bones, organs, and muscles must move and stretch in ways that may seem impossible. We loose our balance, our breath, and our nights sleep. But in the end its all totally worth it when we get to hold our new precious bundle of joy !!!

No comments: